Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dialogue poem {an honest and heartfelt attempt}


Based on Don Giovanni by Alexander-Eariste Fragonard (1830-35)

He stared at the body
At first, alone and then;
He was not.
The presence was not deity
Nor was he quite certain what this was

He had thought he had been alone
Yet the being cried:
You are man
You wish not to face your actions

He pleaded in return:
I was in my own defense
I was swayed
My crime was not without reason

That is where you are wrong;
The other protested him,
You only give excuses for crime
And that is what makes accountable

You man, deserve no more
You kill each other and I go weary
The man tried again; but how
Can I only be represented by others?

Why do I not deserve a chance?
The being thought before looking
Only asking for one thing;
Then speak honest,

But if you lie, be warned man
That you shall know nothing but pain
So think of your reason well
What did you truly gain from his death?

The man thought long and hard
He finally said nothing
The being only shook its head
And the man was truly alone

No comments:

Post a Comment